Busy Imran declines PCB invite, Miandad may come for Ind tour
New Delhi: Legendary Pakistan captain Imran Khan has declined an invite from PCB to be a part of the team of former Pakistan cricketers, who will be the special invitees during the upcoming tour of India starting, December 25.
Imran, who is the supremo of political party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has cited busy political commitments as a reason for not being able to accept Board`s invite. His cousin brother Majid Khan will also skip the series as both had their names in the original list.
"Imran Khan was contacted but he is so busy with his political commitments that he said it won`t be possible for him to watch the Indo-Pak series. Majid Khan is also not coming due to health issues. But the likes of Hanif Mohammed and Zaheer Abbas are certain to attend the matches," PCB spokesperson Nadeem Sarwar told PTI during an interaction.
Sarwar also informed that another former skipper Javed Miandad, who is now the Director General (Cricket Operations) might come to watch a couple of matches.
"Since Miandad himself prepared the list, he didn`t include his name. But as one of the senior officials of the PCB, he can always come. Miandad is very keen and we are expecting that he turns up for some of the matches," Sarwar stated.
The decision to invite legends, who made their debut in 1960s and 1970s as `Goodwill Ambassador` was taken by PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf during an Executive meeting of the Board.
The former players who have confirmed participation include Hanif Mohammad, Zaheer Abbas, Wasim Bari, Intikhab Alam, Mushtaq Mohammad, Javed Burki, Sadiq Mohammad and Imtiaz Ahmad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks