Zaheer out of third Test due to groin injury
Hyderabad: India were dealt a big blow ahead of the third cricket Test against New Zealand with pace spearhead Zaheer Khan being ruled out of the final rubber because of a groin injury.
Young left-handed pacer Jaydev Unadkat has been drafted in the squad in place of him. Zaheer suffered an groin injury during the second cricket Test, which ended in a tame draw at the Rajiv Gandhi International stadium.
“Zaheer Khan is injured and is unavailable for the Third Test against New Zealand, to be played at Nagpur from 20th November to 24th November,” BCCI secretary N Srinivasan said in a release.
“The All India Selection Committee has chosen Jayadev Unadkat to replace Zaheer Khan in the squad,” it said.
Zaheer was off the field for a good part of the fourth day. The left-handed pacer bowled just three overs during the fifth day.
19-year-old Unadkat was named in India’s Under-19 squad for the 2010 World Cup in New Zealand. The left-arm fast bowler represents Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy and has claimed 26 wickets in six first-class games at an average of 26.34.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam