Zaheer out of third Test due to groin injury
Hyderabad: India were dealt a big blow ahead of the third cricket Test against New Zealand with pace spearhead Zaheer Khan being ruled out of the final rubber because of a groin injury.
Young left-handed pacer Jaydev Unadkat has been drafted in the squad in place of him. Zaheer suffered an groin injury during the second cricket Test, which ended in a tame draw at the Rajiv Gandhi International stadium.
“Zaheer Khan is injured and is unavailable for the Third Test against New Zealand, to be played at Nagpur from 20th November to 24th November,” BCCI secretary N Srinivasan said in a release.
“The All India Selection Committee has chosen Jayadev Unadkat to replace Zaheer Khan in the squad,” it said.
Zaheer was off the field for a good part of the fourth day. The left-handed pacer bowled just three overs during the fifth day.
19-year-old Unadkat was named in India’s Under-19 squad for the 2010 World Cup in New Zealand. The left-arm fast bowler represents Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy and has claimed 26 wickets in six first-class games at an average of 26.34.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family