CA appoints Adrian Anderson to review integrity management
Melbourne: Cricket Australia has appointed former AFL general manager football operations Adrian Anderson to review its integrity management.
CA Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland said Australian cricket has a long-standing, proactive approach to sports integrity management.
"But public faith in the integrity of sports results they see on the playing field is absolutely critical and we want everything we do pressure tested by an independent specialist expert to be sure we are as good as we can be," he said.
Sutherland said the review had been sanctioned before the recent Australian Crime Commission report on sports corruption and talks with Anderson were underway at the time that report was published.
"While the timing is coincidental, and while the ACC report had no evidence of cricket concerns, its publication is a timely reminder that no modern elite sport is immune from risk," he said.
Anderson has been appointed to review and report by mid-year so that any recommendations can be considered before the start of the 2013-14 Australian cricket season.
He will look at all aspects of Australian cricket integrity management, which includes anti-doping policies and disciplinary processes, domestic cricket anti-corruption and CA`s involvement in the ICC`s global anti-corruption program.
Sutherland said CA had approached Anderson because he was independent of CA and had significant elite sports integrity management expertise through his previous role at the AFL.
"Adrian set up the AFL integrity unit and that unit is recognised as a gold standard in Australian sport," he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition