CA appoints Adrian Anderson to review integrity management
Melbourne: Cricket Australia has appointed former AFL general manager football operations Adrian Anderson to review its integrity management.
CA Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland said Australian cricket has a long-standing, proactive approach to sports integrity management.
"But public faith in the integrity of sports results they see on the playing field is absolutely critical and we want everything we do pressure tested by an independent specialist expert to be sure we are as good as we can be," he said.
Sutherland said the review had been sanctioned before the recent Australian Crime Commission report on sports corruption and talks with Anderson were underway at the time that report was published.
"While the timing is coincidental, and while the ACC report had no evidence of cricket concerns, its publication is a timely reminder that no modern elite sport is immune from risk," he said.
Anderson has been appointed to review and report by mid-year so that any recommendations can be considered before the start of the 2013-14 Australian cricket season.
He will look at all aspects of Australian cricket integrity management, which includes anti-doping policies and disciplinary processes, domestic cricket anti-corruption and CA`s involvement in the ICC`s global anti-corruption program.
Sutherland said CA had approached Anderson because he was independent of CA and had significant elite sports integrity management expertise through his previous role at the AFL.
"Adrian set up the AFL integrity unit and that unit is recognised as a gold standard in Australian sport," he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today