CA appoints Adrian Anderson to review integrity management
Melbourne: Cricket Australia has appointed former AFL general manager football operations Adrian Anderson to review its integrity management.
CA Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland said Australian cricket has a long-standing, proactive approach to sports integrity management.
"But public faith in the integrity of sports results they see on the playing field is absolutely critical and we want everything we do pressure tested by an independent specialist expert to be sure we are as good as we can be," he said.
Sutherland said the review had been sanctioned before the recent Australian Crime Commission report on sports corruption and talks with Anderson were underway at the time that report was published.
"While the timing is coincidental, and while the ACC report had no evidence of cricket concerns, its publication is a timely reminder that no modern elite sport is immune from risk," he said.
Anderson has been appointed to review and report by mid-year so that any recommendations can be considered before the start of the 2013-14 Australian cricket season.
He will look at all aspects of Australian cricket integrity management, which includes anti-doping policies and disciplinary processes, domestic cricket anti-corruption and CA`s involvement in the ICC`s global anti-corruption program.
Sutherland said CA had approached Anderson because he was independent of CA and had significant elite sports integrity management expertise through his previous role at the AFL.
"Adrian set up the AFL integrity unit and that unit is recognised as a gold standard in Australian sport," he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog