close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

CA briefs its directors on Howard’s nomination rejection

Melbourne: Cricket Australia Chairman Jack Clarke today briefed its directors on the rejection of John Howard’s bid for the ICC vice-President’s post and said the future course of action would be decided only after consulting New Zealand Cricket (NZC).

CA will work closely with NZC in the coming weeks for a joint assessment of the next steps on their joint nomination process, a CA statement said.

Clarke said today’s Board teleconference had been the first opportunity to bring the CA directors together for a detailed debriefing on the developments.

The name of former Australian Prime Minister Howard, a joint nomination of CA and NZC for the ICC post, was recently rejected by the Afro-Asian block, including India, Pakistan, Sri Lankan and Bangladesh.

During today’s meeting it was briefed that the CA and NZC had been totally united throughout an exhaustive process which had identified Howard as the best candidate for the role, the statement added.

Howard’s name was also backed by England at an ICC meet in Singapore.

The ICC has asked Australia and New Zealand to find another candidate and submit his name to the governing body by August 31.

PTI

TAGS

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions