CA calls Warne for ‘face to face’ settlement of ‘muppetgate’ spat
Sydney: Australian spin great Shane Warne has been asked by Cricket Australia (CA) officials to tell them face to face the reasons for his criticism of the team management.
The demand was made after Warne described the officials as ‘muppets’ on Twitter, and revealed plans to write an in-depth critique on the team management on his website.
Disappointed at Warne’s outburst, James Sutherland, the CA’s chief executive, said it would have been better had Warne voiced his opinions in private with CA officials.
Accepting that Warne might have valid arguments, given his experience as a player and being a strong supporter of Australian cricket, Sutherland said that the CA management has full confidence in the team and its officials.
A furious Warne had earlier hit out at CA officials, calling them ‘muppets’, following Australia’s loss to Sri Lanka in a Twenty20 match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
However, the cricketer has not specifically referred to anyone as a muppet, and claimed that the game was in disarray because there is no plan or strategy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media