CA calls Warne for ‘face to face’ settlement of ‘muppetgate’ spat
Sydney: Australian spin great Shane Warne has been asked by Cricket Australia (CA) officials to tell them face to face the reasons for his criticism of the team management.
The demand was made after Warne described the officials as ‘muppets’ on Twitter, and revealed plans to write an in-depth critique on the team management on his website.
Disappointed at Warne’s outburst, James Sutherland, the CA’s chief executive, said it would have been better had Warne voiced his opinions in private with CA officials.
Accepting that Warne might have valid arguments, given his experience as a player and being a strong supporter of Australian cricket, Sutherland said that the CA management has full confidence in the team and its officials.
A furious Warne had earlier hit out at CA officials, calling them ‘muppets’, following Australia’s loss to Sri Lanka in a Twenty20 match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
However, the cricketer has not specifically referred to anyone as a muppet, and claimed that the game was in disarray because there is no plan or strategy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!