CA calls Warne for ‘face to face’ settlement of ‘muppetgate’ spat
Sydney: Australian spin great Shane Warne has been asked by Cricket Australia (CA) officials to tell them face to face the reasons for his criticism of the team management.
The demand was made after Warne described the officials as ‘muppets’ on Twitter, and revealed plans to write an in-depth critique on the team management on his website.
Disappointed at Warne’s outburst, James Sutherland, the CA’s chief executive, said it would have been better had Warne voiced his opinions in private with CA officials.
Accepting that Warne might have valid arguments, given his experience as a player and being a strong supporter of Australian cricket, Sutherland said that the CA management has full confidence in the team and its officials.
A furious Warne had earlier hit out at CA officials, calling them ‘muppets’, following Australia’s loss to Sri Lanka in a Twenty20 match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
However, the cricketer has not specifically referred to anyone as a muppet, and claimed that the game was in disarray because there is no plan or strategy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened