CA interviews Waqar for Australian bowling coach job
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has interviewed former Pakistan captain and coach Waqar Younis as Craig McDermott`s successor for the position of Australian bowling coach.
Waqar, who is based in Sydney since finishing his two-year term as Pakistan coach last year, according to `ESPNcricinfo.Com`, has spoken to CA`s team performance manager Pat Howard about taking on the role that was left vacant by McDermott at the conclusion of the Australian tour of the West Indies.
Australia`s highly promising battery of young pacemen will surely benefit should Waqar is appointed to the post.
Known for his mastery over reverse swing, Waqar would help Australian bowlers muster the art, something the team has struggled to make best use of down the years.
Under McDermott, the Aussies learnt the importance of sticking to the basics -- bowling full, straight and moving the ball conventionally, and they will look to build on those gains if Waqar is appointed.
Waqar, who has taken 373 wickets in 87 Tests and 416 from 262 ODIs, resigned as Pakistan coach citing personal and health reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves