CA rejects McDermott`s offer to rejoin Oz coaching ranks
Sydney: Cricket Australia (CA) has reportedly declined the offer of former Australian Test cricketer and `bowling guru` Craig McDermott to join Darren Lehmann`s national coaching panel for now.
McDermott, who abruptly resigned as Australia`s bowling coach last year and was replaced by Ali de Winter , had said that he would `welcome an offer from CA with open arms` to again contribute to the Test unit as a bowling mentor ahead of the return Ashes.
Stating that they have not yet reviewed McDermott`s resignation last year even though he said that he had left for family reasons, CA general manager, team performance, Pat Howard indicated that he would have to refuse the offer for now.
However, Howard stated that they are fortunate to have the former 71-test spearhead involved in their under-19 program as he works well with the players at that level.
The report mentioned that Lehmann had expressed his desire to involve past greats after replacing Mickey Arthur as coach, although it is Howard who has the final say on coaching appointments.
De Winter, who played 21 first-class games for Tasmania, succeeded McDermott in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre