Can Australia combat Indian spinners without Clarke?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Michael Clarke’s back injury has come as a major blow for the Australian team, who are likely to have tough time on Indian soil, without their skipper who is undoubtedly their best batsmen against spin.
The Kangaroos had a tough time earlier when they toured India for the Test series where the spine of their batting line-up – Michael Clarke – struggled against Ravindra Jadeja’s wicket to wicket line and length.
George Bailey will lead Australia in Clarke’s absence and despite being a good batsman, it is yet to be seen whether he can cope up with the Indian spin attack which has some renowned bowlers like Ravichandran Ashwin and Amit Mishra.
Apart from these genuine spinners, MS Dhoni also makes the best use of Yuvraj Singh along with Jadeja to capitalise on the home turf.
The Australian team would once again look upon Shane Watson, who had a decent Champions League Twenty20 to score freely against the spinners. Watto is known for his big-hitting approach, and he is someone who can make life difficult for the Indian spinners in front of their home crowd.
Bailey would be leading an inexperienced Australian squad and there would be a lot of responsibility on his shoulders to lower the burden on the young players.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!