Can Australia combat Indian spinners without Clarke?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Michael Clarke’s back injury has come as a major blow for the Australian team, who are likely to have tough time on Indian soil, without their skipper who is undoubtedly their best batsmen against spin.
The Kangaroos had a tough time earlier when they toured India for the Test series where the spine of their batting line-up – Michael Clarke – struggled against Ravindra Jadeja’s wicket to wicket line and length.
George Bailey will lead Australia in Clarke’s absence and despite being a good batsman, it is yet to be seen whether he can cope up with the Indian spin attack which has some renowned bowlers like Ravichandran Ashwin and Amit Mishra.
Apart from these genuine spinners, MS Dhoni also makes the best use of Yuvraj Singh along with Jadeja to capitalise on the home turf.
The Australian team would once again look upon Shane Watson, who had a decent Champions League Twenty20 to score freely against the spinners. Watto is known for his big-hitting approach, and he is someone who can make life difficult for the Indian spinners in front of their home crowd.
Bailey would be leading an inexperienced Australian squad and there would be a lot of responsibility on his shoulders to lower the burden on the young players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!