Chennai: South Africa pacer Lonwabo Tsotsobe on Wednesday said he did not know the reason for food poisoning that led to 10 players of his team being hospitalised here.
"I think if I was a doctor I would told you the exactly what happened and the cause. But we had dinner like normal thing people do. And, it happened that most of the guys got sick. I do not really know what was the main cause," said Tsotsobe when asked about the unusual occurring due to which South Africa were unable to field a team against an earlier match against Australia A during the ongoing tri-series.
Probed further on the incident, Tsotsobe said: "Well, like I said I cannot comment on that. The problem is you do not want to give the hotel a bad name. I am not sure about it. Probably, the manager of the team is the right person to ask for details. We had food at the hot rock and then we had food at the hotel. So you cannot really say which one is that."
Australia today thrashed South Africa to steamroll into the final of the competition.
South Africa take on hosts India in the crucial match tomorrow. Tsotsobe said the team is ready for the key clash.
"I should think that all the guys are fit to play tomorrow. It all depends on the advises of the doctor, who had said what we should be doing. They have seen of it and hopefully by tomorrow the doctors would declare them fit," said the pacer.
On his performance in India so far, Tsotsobe added: "I think I am bowling well at the moment. I am hitting my lines and length. I need to work on is to be strong in my action to try and increase the pace that I am bowling at. Obviously coming from injuries it is not that easy. I think I will get there."