Captain's knock by Yuvraj Singh leads India A to victory
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Fighter Yuvraj Singh is back with a bang. Once again the 32-year-old proved that it’s nearly impossible to write him off. On his quest to return in the national team, selectors gave him a chance to prove his fitness and form against West Indies A, in the three-match ODI series.
The southpaw made it count by playing a brutal 123 runs knock in mere 89 balls to lead India A to a thumping 77-run victory in the first ODI against West Indies A.
While playing a captain’s knock, he scored eight fours and seven sixes in his scintillating innings to help India raise 312 for four after being put to bat at the Chinnaswany Stadium.
Yuvi last played an international match in January but was simply superb with his drives on the up and also with the pull shots which all came with impeccable placement and timing.
Though, the stroke maker has already won the biggest battle of his life -- by defeating cancer -- but to make a comeback in the national team he needs to play such innings quite consistently now.
We all know that he is a real fighter and surprised many by his fighting instincts – be it on or off-the-field.
The only concern with him was of his fitness as no one can doubt his calibre as a cricketer. And to make a comeback, he went to France to attend a six-week fitness camp under the guidance of world renowned fitness expert, along with Zaheer Khan.
On Sunday, Yuvraj looked extremely fit as after playing the blistering knock he also bowled few overs. Yuvraj has passed his first test; consistency will be the key for him to make yet another comeback in the national team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital