Caribbean flair reason behind swashbuckling batting in all formats: Gayle
Sydney: Hard-hitting West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has claimed his Caribbean roots are one of the major reasons behind his belligerent batting style in all formats of the game.
Rather than blame his rushes of blood on being a child of the Twenty20 revolution, Gayle instead pointed to his Calypso island genes and suggested they dictated that, first and foremost, he entertained, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Gayle said most people look at it as a Test match and think you should play differently, but when things happen and they don`t go according to plan then you just have to go with the flow sometimes.
The explosive T20 expert said the Caribbean people are about the excitement, the flamboyant and the flair, and added that people around the world gravitate to our style of cricket but they use it against us as well, but that is who we are. Gayle added that the Caribbean play cricket with a passion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’