Caribbean flair reason behind swashbuckling batting in all formats: Gayle
Sydney: Hard-hitting West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has claimed his Caribbean roots are one of the major reasons behind his belligerent batting style in all formats of the game.
Rather than blame his rushes of blood on being a child of the Twenty20 revolution, Gayle instead pointed to his Calypso island genes and suggested they dictated that, first and foremost, he entertained, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Gayle said most people look at it as a Test match and think you should play differently, but when things happen and they don`t go according to plan then you just have to go with the flow sometimes.
The explosive T20 expert said the Caribbean people are about the excitement, the flamboyant and the flair, and added that people around the world gravitate to our style of cricket but they use it against us as well, but that is who we are. Gayle added that the Caribbean play cricket with a passion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar