Carl Hooper denies interest in Bangladesh coach role
Sydney: Former West Indies captain Carl Hooper has claimed he is not interested in taking up the vacant Bangladesh coaching job, adding he is upset by far-fetched reports linking him as the replacement for Richard Pybus.
Australian pace great Craig McDermott and 41-Test New Zealand opener Mark Greatbatch are reportedly frontrunners for the job, which Bangladesh cricket officials want filled by a March tour of Sri Lanka.
Bowling coach Shane Jurgensen is another candidate to assume the head role after guiding Bangladesh to a one-day series triumph over the West Indies in December, it reported.
However, 102-Test batsman Hooper has claimed he would certainly not become Bangladesh’s new coach.
The 46-year-old is currently steering Adelaide side Woodville, which won last season`s grade title, and he added that the Bangladesh board asked him if he was interested.
Hooper added that he replied he wasn’t and that was the last he heard of it, adding that he had hoped Bangladesh would withdraw what they have apparently told a cricket website that he was interested in the job.
Hooper said he has not applied for the job and he is not interested since he is enjoying his time at Woodville. Having worked with the South Australia`s development program, family man Hooper remains open to an elite-coaching role, but primarily in Australia or the Caribbean where he retains close ties with native Guyana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'