CAS to hear appeals of `disgraced` Pak players Asif, Butt next February
Lahore: The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) in Switzerland will hear the appeals of suspended Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif against the International Cricket Council`s (ICC) bans for spot-fixing next February. According to the Daily Times, Asif`s case will be heard sometime from February 5 to 7, while Salman`s case will be heard on February 8. Asif, along with Salman and Mohammad Aamir, was found guilty on November 2011, on charges of conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to accept corrupt payments over deliberate no-balls bowled during the Lord`s Test between Pakistan and England in August 2010.
Aamir, the third player accused by the Crown Prosecution Service, had pleaded guilty to the charges. However, the three players had already been found guilty by an ICC tribunal on February 5, 2011, and were banned for various durations. Asif`s ban was for seven years and that punishment was announced a day after the CPS levied its charges against the players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Picture blast! 'Housefull3' gang gate-crashed Asin's house at midnight
- Kseeb.kar.nic.in & Karresults.nic.in KSEEB 2nd II PUC Results 2016: Karnataka Board 12th XII Class, Second II PUC Exam Results 2016 to be announced today on May 25, 2016 at 4 PM
- Online petition seeking Raghuram Rajan's 2nd term goes viral; 42,000 votes and counting
- Mahabharata’s Bhima is related to Lord Hanuman – Here’s how
- Do you remember Anupam Kher's first movie? Hint: It clocks 32 years today!