CB-CID issues fresh summons to Vikram Agarwal
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Crime Branch-CID has issued fresh summons to hotelier Vikram Agarwal to appear for questioning next week in connection with the IPL betting case.
Last week, Agarwal, who is allegedly linked with IPL-betting and allowed some bookies to operate from his hotels, had sought time to appear before the CB-CID.
"Yes. We have issued (summons)," a CB-CID official said on Saturday, confirming the development.
Officials were tight-lipped on when they have asked Agarwal to appear.
Agarwal`s two hotels in Chennai were raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
The hotelier, summoned by the Mumbai crime branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with their separate case on IPL-betting.
Agarwal, a friend of CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who is in the dock for alleged betting, allegedly led the IPL betting syndicate in the southern city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Ranbir Kapoor's rumoured girlfriend Bharti Malhotra has finally SPOKEN the truth—Details inside!
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!
- Jama Masjid in Gujarat's Vadodara claims it has biggest Quran in the world - Pics inside