CB-CID issues fresh summons to Vikram Agarwal
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Crime Branch-CID has issued fresh summons to hotelier Vikram Agarwal to appear for questioning next week in connection with the IPL betting case.
Last week, Agarwal, who is allegedly linked with IPL-betting and allowed some bookies to operate from his hotels, had sought time to appear before the CB-CID.
"Yes. We have issued (summons)," a CB-CID official said on Saturday, confirming the development.
Officials were tight-lipped on when they have asked Agarwal to appear.
Agarwal`s two hotels in Chennai were raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
The hotelier, summoned by the Mumbai crime branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with their separate case on IPL-betting.
Agarwal, a friend of CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who is in the dock for alleged betting, allegedly led the IPL betting syndicate in the southern city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara