CB-CID issues fresh summons to Vikram Agarwal
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Crime Branch-CID has issued fresh summons to hotelier Vikram Agarwal to appear for questioning next week in connection with the IPL betting case.
Last week, Agarwal, who is allegedly linked with IPL-betting and allowed some bookies to operate from his hotels, had sought time to appear before the CB-CID.
"Yes. We have issued (summons)," a CB-CID official said on Saturday, confirming the development.
Officials were tight-lipped on when they have asked Agarwal to appear.
Agarwal`s two hotels in Chennai were raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
The hotelier, summoned by the Mumbai crime branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with their separate case on IPL-betting.
Agarwal, a friend of CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who is in the dock for alleged betting, allegedly led the IPL betting syndicate in the southern city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested