Central Zone ahead against South Zone
Chennai: Central Zone put defending champions South Zone in a spot of bother by gaining a solid first- innings lead of 110 runs on the second day of their four-day cricket semifinal match for the Duleep Trophy on Sunday.
At close, Central were 127 for one in 32 overs at close, with opener Naman Ojha batting on 79 (81b, 8x4, 5x6) and Mohammad Kaif on 41 (103b, 6x4).
Resuming at 292 for eight this morning, Central could sustain just two overs before being all out for an addition of just one run.
As for South Zone, their top-order batsmen, with the exception of Abhinav Mukund who retired hurt due to a wrist injury that he sustained while fielding, paid the penalty for mindless batting.
Bhuvaneswar Kumar and Jalaj Saxena were the pick of the Central bowlers, claiming three wickets each, while TP Sudhindra and Pankaj Singh took a wicket each.
South Zone`s Amit Verma and Stuart Binny hit 42 and 56 respectively and put on 55 runs for the fifth wicket in 10.2 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi