Central Zone ahead against South Zone
Chennai: Central Zone put defending champions South Zone in a spot of bother by gaining a solid first- innings lead of 110 runs on the second day of their four-day cricket semifinal match for the Duleep Trophy on Sunday.
At close, Central were 127 for one in 32 overs at close, with opener Naman Ojha batting on 79 (81b, 8x4, 5x6) and Mohammad Kaif on 41 (103b, 6x4).
Resuming at 292 for eight this morning, Central could sustain just two overs before being all out for an addition of just one run.
As for South Zone, their top-order batsmen, with the exception of Abhinav Mukund who retired hurt due to a wrist injury that he sustained while fielding, paid the penalty for mindless batting.
Bhuvaneswar Kumar and Jalaj Saxena were the pick of the Central bowlers, claiming three wickets each, while TP Sudhindra and Pankaj Singh took a wicket each.
South Zone`s Amit Verma and Stuart Binny hit 42 and 56 respectively and put on 55 runs for the fifth wicket in 10.2 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?