Central Zone qualify for Duleep Trophy final
Chennai: Disciplined show with both bat and ball helped Central Zone qualify for the final of the Duleep Trophy after they took the crucial first-innings lead against defending champions South Zone, on the final day.
Central, who made 293 in the first innings, declared their second innings at 530 for eight.
South Zone, after being bowled out for 183 all out, were 152 for two in 39 overs in their second innings when the proceedings had come to an end.
Boasting of five players who have donned the India jersey, South Zone`s stars lost out on the opportunity to perform and get back to the national side.
However, Central Zone`s stylish top-order batsman, Robin Bist, stamped his class yet again by making 160 (268b, 21x4, 1x5). He put on 212 runs for the sixth wicket with Bhuvnesh Kumar and then added 91 for the seventh wicket with captain Piyush Chawla.
With this performance, Bist, one of the top scorers in the Ranji Trophy this season with more than 1000 runs for Rajasthan, has surely staked a claim for a national call-up.
Central, who resumed on 378 for five, finished their second innings at 530 for eight declared, leaving South with the impossible task of making 640 from 54 overs.
Robin Uthappa failed yet again making just ten runs.
Captain Subramaniam Badrinath 58 (117b, 6x4, 2x6) and Manish Pandey 32 (37b, 2x4, 2x6) remained unbeaten when the match was called off at the start of the mandatory overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog