Centuries by Chopra, Yagnik help Rajasthan post 421
Hyderabad: Superb centuries by opener Aakash Chopra and glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan to post a solid 421 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Hyderabad.
The visitors got an early breakthrough as hosts ended the day 35 for two. Opener P Akshat Reddy (12) and T20 specialist Thiru Suman (0) returned to the pavilion and they were dismissed by Pankaj Singh and Sumeet Mathur respectively.
Skipper Dwarka Ravi Teja (23, 22b, 3x4) and Naidu (0) were at the crease when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Earlier, resuming at overnight score of 220 for five, the visitors went on to pile up 421 in 167.1 overs due to patient 142 (450b, 9x4, 1x6) by Chopra and Yagnik`s useful 101 (230b, 10x4).
Pankaj Singh (42) and Vivek Yadav (33) were the other batsmen to make a good contribution to the total score of Rajasthan. It was Hyderabad bowler Mehdi Hasan`s five-wicket haul that helped the hosts dismiss the other Rajasthan batmen from making big scores. Hasan`s victims included Chopra too.
Among other Hyderabad bowlers, A Lalith Mohan and Kanishk Naidu scalped two wickets each, while Anwar Khan also got a wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III