Centuries by Chopra, Yagnik help Rajasthan post 421
Hyderabad: Superb centuries by opener Aakash Chopra and glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan to post a solid 421 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Hyderabad.
The visitors got an early breakthrough as hosts ended the day 35 for two. Opener P Akshat Reddy (12) and T20 specialist Thiru Suman (0) returned to the pavilion and they were dismissed by Pankaj Singh and Sumeet Mathur respectively.
Skipper Dwarka Ravi Teja (23, 22b, 3x4) and Naidu (0) were at the crease when the stumps were drawn for the day.
Earlier, resuming at overnight score of 220 for five, the visitors went on to pile up 421 in 167.1 overs due to patient 142 (450b, 9x4, 1x6) by Chopra and Yagnik`s useful 101 (230b, 10x4).
Pankaj Singh (42) and Vivek Yadav (33) were the other batsmen to make a good contribution to the total score of Rajasthan. It was Hyderabad bowler Mehdi Hasan`s five-wicket haul that helped the hosts dismiss the other Rajasthan batmen from making big scores. Hasan`s victims included Chopra too.
Among other Hyderabad bowlers, A Lalith Mohan and Kanishk Naidu scalped two wickets each, while Anwar Khan also got a wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya