Centurion ODI: Irfan takes four as Pakistan beat South Africa by six wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Centurion: Pakistan defeated South Africa in the second ODI at Centurion by six wickets to draw level in the five match series.
Pacer Mohammad Irfan took four wickets as Pakistan bowled South Africa out for 191 after the home team won the toss and elected to bat first on Friday.
The match was reduced to 44 overs due to rain.
Thanks to Farhaan Behardien who stitched two valuable stands with Ryan McLaren and then Robin Peterson that the Proteas were able to post 191 after being 62/5 at one stage.
Riding on skipper Misbah-ul-Haq’s 57 who was involved in an unbeaten 77-run stand with Shoaib Malik for the fifth wicket that the visitors comfortably chased down the target in 39.2 overs.
Misbah praised his batsmen for the performance and said they were getting back into their groove.
"We really needed this win. The batsmen are getting their confidence back," Misbah was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
His counterpart AB de Villiers was very disappointed with the show.
"It was a very disappointing performance," said AB de Villiers.
The third ODI is scheduled to be played on March 17 in Johannesburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp