Centurion ODI: Irfan takes four as Pakistan beat South Africa by six wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Centurion: Pakistan defeated South Africa in the second ODI at Centurion by six wickets to draw level in the five match series.
Pacer Mohammad Irfan took four wickets as Pakistan bowled South Africa out for 191 after the home team won the toss and elected to bat first on Friday.
The match was reduced to 44 overs due to rain.
Thanks to Farhaan Behardien who stitched two valuable stands with Ryan McLaren and then Robin Peterson that the Proteas were able to post 191 after being 62/5 at one stage.
Riding on skipper Misbah-ul-Haq’s 57 who was involved in an unbeaten 77-run stand with Shoaib Malik for the fifth wicket that the visitors comfortably chased down the target in 39.2 overs.
Misbah praised his batsmen for the performance and said they were getting back into their groove.
"We really needed this win. The batsmen are getting their confidence back," Misbah was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
His counterpart AB de Villiers was very disappointed with the show.
"It was a very disappointing performance," said AB de Villiers.
The third ODI is scheduled to be played on March 17 in Johannesburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar