Centurion ODI: Irfan takes four as Pakistan beat South Africa by six wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Centurion: Pakistan defeated South Africa in the second ODI at Centurion by six wickets to draw level in the five match series.
Pacer Mohammad Irfan took four wickets as Pakistan bowled South Africa out for 191 after the home team won the toss and elected to bat first on Friday.
The match was reduced to 44 overs due to rain.
Thanks to Farhaan Behardien who stitched two valuable stands with Ryan McLaren and then Robin Peterson that the Proteas were able to post 191 after being 62/5 at one stage.
Riding on skipper Misbah-ul-Haq’s 57 who was involved in an unbeaten 77-run stand with Shoaib Malik for the fifth wicket that the visitors comfortably chased down the target in 39.2 overs.
Misbah praised his batsmen for the performance and said they were getting back into their groove.
"We really needed this win. The batsmen are getting their confidence back," Misbah was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
His counterpart AB de Villiers was very disappointed with the show.
"It was a very disappointing performance," said AB de Villiers.
The third ODI is scheduled to be played on March 17 in Johannesburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?