Centurion ODI: Irfan takes four as Pakistan beat South Africa by six wickets
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Centurion: Pakistan defeated South Africa in the second ODI at Centurion by six wickets to draw level in the five match series.
Pacer Mohammad Irfan took four wickets as Pakistan bowled South Africa out for 191 after the home team won the toss and elected to bat first on Friday.
The match was reduced to 44 overs due to rain.
Thanks to Farhaan Behardien who stitched two valuable stands with Ryan McLaren and then Robin Peterson that the Proteas were able to post 191 after being 62/5 at one stage.
Riding on skipper Misbah-ul-Haq’s 57 who was involved in an unbeaten 77-run stand with Shoaib Malik for the fifth wicket that the visitors comfortably chased down the target in 39.2 overs.
Misbah praised his batsmen for the performance and said they were getting back into their groove.
"We really needed this win. The batsmen are getting their confidence back," Misbah was quoted as saying in media reports after the match.
His counterpart AB de Villiers was very disappointed with the show.
"It was a very disappointing performance," said AB de Villiers.
The third ODI is scheduled to be played on March 17 in Johannesburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?