Champions League T20 : KKR vs Perth Scorchers - As it happened...
Updates by Suyash Srivastava
Follow Suyash Srivastava here on twitter: @Syu4u»
Bad news for KKR fans: The match has been called off which means Kolkata Knight Riders have been eliminated from Champions League Twenty20.
Perth Scorchers innings
The umpires have stopped play as it is getting heavier at Kingsmead, Durban.
Over 14 || Score 91/2
Sunil Narine to bowl his second over. Four runs from the over.
There's a slight drizzle on the ground at the moment.
Over 13 || Score 87/2
Kallis to continue. Balaji saves a couple at wide of long off! And sloppy fielding from Pathan at deep backward point gives an extra run to the scorchers. Seven runs from the over.
Over 12 || Score 80/2
Balaji to bowl his third over. Katich takes a single towards midwicket. Five runs from the over.
Over 11 || Score 75/2
Kallis to bowl his second over. Katich takes a single. And follows it with two dot balls. An excellent Yorker from Kallis, Marsh was taken by surprise and he is Out lbw! Mitchell Marsh is the new batsman. He gets off the mark with a single at third man. Katich works the next ball for a single at square leg. Three runs and a wicket for Kallis.
SE Marsh lbw b Kallis 38 (40b)
Over 10 || Score 72/1
Pathan to bowl his final over. Marsh sweeps the first ball to square leg for a single. Katich follows it with another single. Marsh get a half-volley with some width and he clobbers that for a Six over long on! Great shot that! Marsh takes a single. Katich goes over the bowler’s head for a single. Marsh works the last ball towards fine leg for a boundary! Marsh keeps the strike with a single. Seventeen off the over! Excellent one for the Scorchers!
Over 9 || Score 55/1
Balaji continue. Good over from Balaji, just four runs from it.
Over 8 || Score 51/1
Pathan to bowl his third over. Another tight over from Pathan, 5 runs from it. 50 up for the Scorchers
Over 7 || Score 46/1
Balaji comes into the attack. Abdulla drops Katich off a tough chance! Eight runs from the over.
Over 6 || Score 38/1
Pathan to bowl the last over of the power play. Excellent over, just three runs from it.
Over 5 || Score 35/1
Kallis brought into the wicket. And he almost got a wicket first ball! Marsh got a half volley and he hit it straight to Manoj Tiwary at point who dropped it! Marsh works the next ball towards fine leg for a boundary! Katich gets some width on offer and he cuts that towards wide of third-man where Brett Lee tries his best but fails to keep it within the ropes, a boundary! Kallis ends the over with a ball that drifts on the pads, Katich has no problems sweeping that towards deep square leg for a boundary! Fourteen runs from the over.
Over 4 || Score 21/1
The danger man Sunil Narine has been brought into the attack. Both the batsmen showing a lot of respect for the mystery spinner. Narine bowled a short last ball and Marsh pulled that towards wide of long on for a boundary!
Over 3 || Score 15/1
Lee to bowl his second over. Katich gets some width and he cuts that for a boundary between point and the cover fielder. Good stuff from Lee once again! Eight runs from the over.
Over 2 || Score 7/1
Yusuf Pathan to bowl the second over. Two singles and a couple in that over.
Lee to bowl the first over, Shaun Marsh and Hershelle Gibbs to open for the Scorchers. Lee nips the first delivery into Marsh, it hit the pads, loud appeal turned down by umpire. Marsh smashes a short ball for a couple on the leg-side. Marsh takes a single off the third ball. Lee fires one bouncer into the body and Gibbs defends that for no run. Lee fires another short ball and he has got Gibbs! Gibbs hits that straight to Abdulla at cover point. Big breakthrough for KKR! Simon Katich is the new batsman. A dot ball to end the over.
HH Gibbs c Iqbal Abdulla b Lee 0 (2b)
Toss: Gambhir has won the toss and he has decided to bowl first.
KKR have made two changes for today's match: Brett Lee is in for Shakib, Debabrata Das replaces Rajat Bhatia.
After losing two matches on the trot, IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders would want to salvage some pride as they take on Perth Scorchers.
Kolkata Knight Riders squad:
G Gambhir*, L Balaji, R Bhatia, MS Bisla†, DB Das, Iqbal Abdulla, JH Kallis, B Lee, BB McCullum (wk), SP Narine, YK Pathan, PJ Sangwan, Shakib Al Hasan, RN ten Doeschate, MK Tiwary
Perth Scorchers squad:
MJ North*, TM Beaton, MA Beer, PD Collingwood, NM Coulter-Nile, R Duffield, BM Edmondson, HH Gibbs, GB Hogg, SM Katich, MR Marsh, SE Marsh, JM Mennie, NJ Rimmington, L Ronchi (wk)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt