Champions League T20 2012: Chennai Super Kings defeat Yorkshire by 4 wickets
Durban: Chennai Super Kings recorded their second victory in the Champions League Twenty20 with a four-wicket win over English team Yorkshire on Monday.
With both teams out, the match had no bearing on the semi-final line-up.
After restricting Yorkshire to 140 for six, the two-time Indian Premier League (IPL) champions scored 141 for six in 19 overs.
Yorkshire, put into bat, again saw their top-four surrender meekly.
Andre Gale (23) and Adam Lyth (11), who replaced Australian Phil Jaques for the opening slot, fell in successive overs. The English side was reduced to 36 for two in the seventh over.
David Miller (28) and Gary Ballance (58) rescued their team from a precarious position of 43 for three. They put on a 78-run partnership for the fourth-wicket. Both fell in quick succession as Yorkshire could score only 19 runs in the last three overs.
Chennai`s problem this tournament has been their failure to get off to a strong start. The problem persisted in this match as well.
South African Faf du Plessis (1) was the first to go after being dismissed in the second over. His opening partner Murali Vijay (13) also didn`t stick around for too long as he fell victim to pacer Olivier Hannon-Dalby.
Suresh Raina (31), who has looked good in the entire tournament, again got off to a good start. He and Subramaniam Badrinath (47) strung together a 48-run stand for the third wicket before Raina`s dismissal.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (31) played a cameo taking Chennai to the brink of victory before being dismissed with just one run to win. Wriddhiman Saha finished it off scoring the last single.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi