Champions League T20 2012: Sydney Sixers vs Titans – Preview
Centurion: A rampaging Sydney Sixers would look to maintain their winning momentum and book a berth in the final when they take on local side Titans in the second semifinal of the Champions League Twenty20 here on Friday.
Sixers are the only side to have won all their four group matches and they are the most all-round team in the tournament with balance in batting, bowling and fielding departments.
The Australian side had virtually spanked all their opponents in the first three Group B matches and the only time they had been put to test was when they clashed with last year`s champions Mumbai Indians in their last league game.
That match was played without the recent World Twenty20 Player-of-the-Tournament Shane Watson who had been called back by his Board to prepare for the home series against South Africa.
But in that match also, their bowlers, who have been in impressive form, stifled the star-studded Mumbai batting order to restrict them to 124 and ensure that the Sixers remain unbeaten and go into Friday’s semifinals high on confidence.
Watson and Michael Lumb have been in explosive form at the top of the other, giving two 50-plus stands for the opening wicket in three matches they were together.
The middle-order of Nic Maddinson, captain Brad Haddin and Steven Smith have been supporting the openers well. Moises Henriques has also been in fine form, showing what a fine all-rounder he has been in the shortest format.
The only weak point, if there is any, for the Sixers is the spin department with their main slow bowler Simon O`Keefe having got just one wicket from the three matches he had played. But, the Sixers have relied heavily on their pacers to get the results and they have been doing just that.
The Titans, however, will have the advantage of crowd support as they are playing at their home ground on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room