CL T20: Daredevils top group after match abandoned due to rain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Updates by Suyash Srivastava
Follow Suyash Srivastava here on twitter: @Syu4u»
Final Update: The match has been abandoned due to persistent rain. This means that the Delhi Daredevils have not only become the only IPL team to reach the semis, but they are also the table-toppers in their group with 12 points from 4 matches. They won two matches and shared two points with their opponents in the remaining ones.
The Daredevils will now lock horns with Group B runners-up Lions in the first semifinal on October 25 at Kingsmead in Durban. The Titans will take on Group B winners Sydney Sixers in the second semifinal on October 26.
It is still drizzling at Centurion.
Weather Update: It raining heavily at the Centurion!
TOSS: The Titans have won the toss and they have decided to bowl first.
The Delhi Daredevils lock horns with the Titans in their last league match of the Champions League Twenty20. After Auckland's defeat against the Scorchers, Delhi along with the Titans have automatically qualified for the semis and the match becomes inconsequential.
The Daredevils registered a narrow win over Perth Scorchers in their previous match, going atop the table with 10 points. Delhi would want to move into the semis with confidence and thus they wouldn't be complacent against their opponents in this match which is now a formality.
Meanwhile the Titans are second in the group with 8 points from three matches and they have also made it to the semis. They were humiliated by Kolkata Knight Riders in their previous encounter, where while chasing 189, they folded for 89.
The positive news for the Daredevils is Sehwag regaining his form as he played a match-winning knock in the previous game which his side won against the Perth Scorchers. Both teams would want to take some confidence from this match ahead of the semi-final clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you