CLT20 2012: Nashua Titans vs Auckland Aces - As it happened...
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Nashua Titans defeated Auckland Aces by 59 runs in their Champions League Twenty20 2012 Group A clash in Durban on Wednesday.
Farhaan Behardien was the one who scored some magnificent shots at the end of the first innings helping his side reach a competitibe total. Lou Vincent began the innings in style with a massive six in the first over, but once Thomas dismissed him, none of the batsmen could put up a fight. While Alfonso Thomas was spot on with his line and length, Mbhalati was equally good with his three wickets.
Over 18.1, 113 All Out: The Nashua Titans have defeated Auckland Aces by 59 runs as Alfonso Thomas picked his third wicket in form of Andre Adams (30 from 17) who added 45 runs for the last wicket along with Bates (14 from 22).
Over 15, 99/9: The Auckland Aces lost their ninth wicket at the score of 68 and since then Andre Adams has hit some big hits to add 28 runs in five overs along with Bates. They might not win the match but Adams is trying his best to reduce the margin of the defeat.
Over 10, 61/7: Alfonso Thomas got rid of the dangerous Azhar Mahmood off the first ball of the sixth over. Kitchen (23) who played some good strokes was finally dismissed by Links. Mbhalati dismissed Munro and Grandhomme off successive deliveries. De Villiers dismissed Hira for a duck and now Auckland Aces are reeling after losing seven wickets.
Over 5 37/2: Auckland Aces have lost two early wickets and that too of experienced Martin Guptill (3) and Lou Vincent (6). Vincent smashed Mbhalati for a massive six in the first over but then nicked one to the keeper in Alfonso’s first over. Azhar Mahmood and Anaru Kitchen are at the crease.
Over 20 172/4: Farhaan Behardien has played gem of an innings (48* from 23) to help The Titans reach a very competitive total. Behardien scored 18 runs from the last four balls of the penultimate over bowled by Mills. Auckland Aces now need 173 runs to win the match.
The Titans added 59 runs in the last five overs!
Over 15 113/2: The Titans managed to score just 24 runs in the last five overs and lost the wicket of Jaarsveld (13 from 14) who was dismissed by Mills.
Over 10 Titans 89/1: After five overs, Henry Davids (36 from 23) played some excellent strokes but was dismissed in the 9th over by Mahmood who got the first breakthrough for his side.
Over 5 41/0: Jacques Rudolph and Henry Davids have begun well for the Titans who have raced to 41 runs in the first three overs. So far, Rudolph has been more aggressive of the two batsmen having scored 22 runs.
Toss: Auckland Aces have won the toss and they have decided to bowl first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Why Priyanka Gandhi should lead Congress? – Explained by those in opposition
- Govt rejects ISIS video threat, says patriotism brimming in every Indian Muslim
- Loss of Y chromosomes ups Alzheimer's risk in men
- Ban on ABVP: BJP hints at action against Jammu University vice-chancellor
- US envoy calls on Syria rebels to respect truce