CLT20 2012: Titans thrash clueless Auckland Aces by 59 runs
Durban: Titans produced a clinical all-round display to post a crushing 59-run victory over Auckland Aces in their Group A Champions League Twenty20 match here today.
Opener Jacques Rudolph led the Titans innings, blasting a brisk 56-ball 63 to help them post a challenging 172 for four after Auckland won the toss and decided to field at Kingsmead.
The Titans then returned to bowl out Auckland for 113 in 18.1 overs to inch towards a semifinal berth. They will next take on IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders at Cape Town on Sunday.
Auckland were 58 for six in 8.3 overs but a 45-run partnership for the last wicket between Andre Adams (30) and Micheal Bates (14) delayed the inevitable.
For Titans, Ethy Mbhalati and Alfonso Thomas took three wickets each giving away 26 and 18 runs respectively, while Cornelius de Villiers, Eden Link and RE van der Merwe grabbed one apiece.
Earlier, Rudolph blasted seven fours in his 56-ball innings and forged a 74-run opening partnership with Henry Davids (36), to set the foundation for the Titans.
He anchored the innings, adding 26 and 33 runs for the second and third wickets with M Van Jaarsveld (13) and Farhaan Behardien (48), respectively.
Farhaan provided the late charge to take the Titans across the 150-mark. His 23-ball innings was studded with one four and three sixes.
For Auckland Kyle Mills, Michael Bates and Azhar Mahmood took one wicket each.
Rudolph and Davids gave Titans a blistering start as they picked up boundaries at will from the start.
Rudolph started the proceedings, sending Mills across the cover region in the second ball itself. He repeated the treatment to Bates in the next over, while David also joined in with a drive past extra cover.
The duo picked up two more fours off Mills in his second over and then blasted Azhar for another at the extra cover area.
Andre Adams was then introduced into the attack and Rudolph soon dismissed him over midoff. In his next over, David sent him over square-leg to pick up the first six for the Titans before picking up a four at the third man area.
In the ninth over, Azhar broke the partnership, dismissing Davids, who, in his pursuit to work a yorker to third man ended up being bowled.
Rudolph tried to keep the scoreboard ticking along with new batsmen Jaarsveld, who brought up the hundred for Titans. But in the next ball, he failed to do away with a slower delivery from Mills and holed out at deep midwicket.
Farhaan joined hands with Rudolph and picked up ones and twos besides the occasional boundary. The opener was dismissed by Bates in the 18th over when Andre pulled off a good catch at extra cover.
In the 19th over, Farhaan stepped on the gas, blasting Mills for consecutive sixes and a four to take Titans past the 150. He finished the innings in style, picking up another six off the last ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt