CLT20: DD vs AA match abandoned due to rain
Durban: The Champions League Twenty20 match between Delhi Daredevils and Auckland Aces was abandoned due to incessant rains, here on Friday.
The match officials decided to call off the game an hour before the cut-off time since rain continued to lash the ground for about two hours.
All of the last three evening games have now been abandoned due to inclement weather. Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians had to share points with rivals as their matches could not be completed due to rain.
It was Delhi Daredevils` second match in the tournament, having won the opener against Kolkata on October 13.
They remain on second in the points table in Group A with six points and a healthy net run-rate of +2.60.
Titans are leading the table with eight points, having won both the matches they have played.
Delhi next play Perth Scorchers on Sunday in Cape Town. It means the players of the side will play a match after a gap of eight days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister