CLT20: DD vs AA match abandoned due to rain
Durban: The Champions League Twenty20 match between Delhi Daredevils and Auckland Aces was abandoned due to incessant rains, here on Friday.
The match officials decided to call off the game an hour before the cut-off time since rain continued to lash the ground for about two hours.
All of the last three evening games have now been abandoned due to inclement weather. Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians had to share points with rivals as their matches could not be completed due to rain.
It was Delhi Daredevils` second match in the tournament, having won the opener against Kolkata on October 13.
They remain on second in the points table in Group A with six points and a healthy net run-rate of +2.60.
Titans are leading the table with eight points, having won both the matches they have played.
Delhi next play Perth Scorchers on Sunday in Cape Town. It means the players of the side will play a match after a gap of eight days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says