Dhoni plays under Raina, bowls two expensive overs
Durban: His side already out of the reckoning, Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni today played under Suresh Raina`s captaincy and bowled two expensive overs in their inconsequential Champions League Twenty20 match against Yorkshire here.
Dhoni also chose not to keep the wickets and Wriddhiman Saha wore the gloves in the Group B match at the Kingsmead.
Dhoni made a fine fielding effort in the third over of the Yorkshire innings, a last-minute dive near the boundary after a long chase but could not stop the ball from touching the ropes.
The crowd anticipated Dhoni to roll his arms as he had bowling practice before the start of the match. That moment arrived in the 15th over when Yorkshire were struggling at 88 for three. His expensive two overs, however, yielded 25 runs.
Bowling around the stumps, Dhoni conceded seven runs in the first over with two wides though he did not concede a boundary.
He continued for another over -- 17th -- but was clobbered for two consecutive sixes to concede 18 from that over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details