Dhoni plays under Raina, bowls two expensive overs
Durban: His side already out of the reckoning, Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni today played under Suresh Raina`s captaincy and bowled two expensive overs in their inconsequential Champions League Twenty20 match against Yorkshire here.
Dhoni also chose not to keep the wickets and Wriddhiman Saha wore the gloves in the Group B match at the Kingsmead.
Dhoni made a fine fielding effort in the third over of the Yorkshire innings, a last-minute dive near the boundary after a long chase but could not stop the ball from touching the ropes.
The crowd anticipated Dhoni to roll his arms as he had bowling practice before the start of the match. That moment arrived in the 15th over when Yorkshire were struggling at 88 for three. His expensive two overs, however, yielded 25 runs.
Bowling around the stumps, Dhoni conceded seven runs in the first over with two wides though he did not concede a boundary.
He continued for another over -- 17th -- but was clobbered for two consecutive sixes to concede 18 from that over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'