Dhoni plays under Raina, bowls two expensive overs
Durban: His side already out of the reckoning, Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni today played under Suresh Raina`s captaincy and bowled two expensive overs in their inconsequential Champions League Twenty20 match against Yorkshire here.
Dhoni also chose not to keep the wickets and Wriddhiman Saha wore the gloves in the Group B match at the Kingsmead.
Dhoni made a fine fielding effort in the third over of the Yorkshire innings, a last-minute dive near the boundary after a long chase but could not stop the ball from touching the ropes.
The crowd anticipated Dhoni to roll his arms as he had bowling practice before the start of the match. That moment arrived in the 15th over when Yorkshire were struggling at 88 for three. His expensive two overs, however, yielded 25 runs.
Bowling around the stumps, Dhoni conceded seven runs in the first over with two wides though he did not concede a boundary.
He continued for another over -- 17th -- but was clobbered for two consecutive sixes to concede 18 from that over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr