Disappointed on not having qualified for semis: Gambhir
Cape Town: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir today admitted that it was indeed "very disappointing" not to have qualified for the semi-finals of the Champions League Twenty20.
"It is very disappointing not to have qualified for the semi-finals but this is not the end of the world. We will definitely come back stronger in the next edition of Indian Premier League," Gambhir said at the post-match presentation ceremony.
The skipper was however happy that his team produced a solid performance to defeat the Nashua Titans.
"I still feel we are a quality side, we put this performance on the field today. When you get 180 in these conditions, you know you have the bowling to defend."
The skipper was all praise for Manvinder Bisla who started the onslaught and Debabrata Das who finished it with a flourish.
"Credit to Das for the way finished the innings while Bisla batted brilliantly at the top of the order."
Bengal boy Debabrata who won the man-of-the-match award said, "I was just told to go out there and play my game. My game is to see the ball and hit it."
Titans skipper Martin van Jaarsveld said that once KKR scored 188 for five, it was always going to be a catch-up game.
"The moment they got first four through inside edge, we knew that it wasn`t our day. They were like a runaway train today. We have a big match against Delhi on Tuesday, and we need to be up for it," he lamented.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living