Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Pretoria: The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it’s still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
“AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament,” said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
“Even if he doesn’t play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team,” he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery.
“It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time,” said Faul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves