Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Pretoria: The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it’s still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
“AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament,” said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
“Even if he doesn’t play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team,” he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery.
“It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time,” said Faul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what