Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Pretoria: The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it’s still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
“AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament,” said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
“Even if he doesn’t play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team,” he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery.
“It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time,” said Faul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event
- Hall of Shame: SBI says no law broken in funding cluster bomb maker
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court
- Shocking! 'Incorruptible' ex-BSP MLA, family live in tarpaulin tent by roadside - Know why