Kallis survives Morkel’s fire in Champions League T20
Cape Town: Proteas all-rounder Jacques Kallis’s first appearance of the season before his home fans at Newlands looks as though it will be delayed by at least a week.
Kallis was struck a nasty blow on a glove from a short ball by lanky compatriot Morne Morkel of the Delhi Daredevils in a Champions League Twenty20.
He cut a finger and, after short on-field examination, retired hurt after facing only two deliveries in the Knight Riders’ 52-run defeat.
Given Kallis’s massively importance when the Proteas attempt to win a second successive Test series in Australia, it would hardly have come as a surprise under the circumstances that Morkel was among the first Delhi players to rush up and inquire as to his well being.
Reports from KKR team’s camp suggest that Kallis will definitely sit out of their match against against Perth Scorchers at Kingsmead on Wednesday.
He put out a reassuring tweet (@jacqueskallis75) after the mishap: “Hi guys. Thanks for all the concerns. Had X-ray and showed no break which is great news. Just a cut on finger that needs to heal.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday