Pat Cummins’s bowling reminds of ‘angry’ Anderson: Lumb
Johannesburg: England’s Michael Lumb, who plays for Sydney Sixers in the Champions League, has said there is a lot to Pat Cummins’s game that reminds him of Australia’s Ashes nemesis James Anderson.
Lumb said Cummins had a lot of characteristics of a young Anderson. “[We] used to call Jimmy ‘Angry’ Anderson,” he said.
“He used to run in and smash the middle wicket out, [they`re] very similar pace-wise at the wicket, very similar at that age. He’s not so much angry now, he’s more skilful, but when he was young and raw he used to smash [it in] around the face, and it wasn’t too pleasant,” Lumb said.
Anderson struggled as a youngster in Tests but has in recent years become one of the world’s premier fast bowlers, especially in conditions that suit his swing bowling.
The 30-year-old pacer was a key player in England’s past two Ashes triumphs.
Lumb said Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood were among the best young bowlers in world cricket.
“[It was a] bit spicy this morning, boys with new ball steaming in, they’re in good form and swinging it around. They`re world class. Pat`s probably the quickest going around at the minute, Starcy is in good form and Josh is a fast bowler coming through,” he said.
Lumb will open alongside Shane Watson at the top of the order for the Sixers in their Champions League campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says