Pat Cummins’s bowling reminds of ‘angry’ Anderson: Lumb
Johannesburg: England’s Michael Lumb, who plays for Sydney Sixers in the Champions League, has said there is a lot to Pat Cummins’s game that reminds him of Australia’s Ashes nemesis James Anderson.
Lumb said Cummins had a lot of characteristics of a young Anderson. “[We] used to call Jimmy ‘Angry’ Anderson,” he said.
“He used to run in and smash the middle wicket out, [they`re] very similar pace-wise at the wicket, very similar at that age. He’s not so much angry now, he’s more skilful, but when he was young and raw he used to smash [it in] around the face, and it wasn’t too pleasant,” Lumb said.
Anderson struggled as a youngster in Tests but has in recent years become one of the world’s premier fast bowlers, especially in conditions that suit his swing bowling.
The 30-year-old pacer was a key player in England’s past two Ashes triumphs.
Lumb said Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood were among the best young bowlers in world cricket.
“[It was a] bit spicy this morning, boys with new ball steaming in, they’re in good form and swinging it around. They`re world class. Pat`s probably the quickest going around at the minute, Starcy is in good form and Josh is a fast bowler coming through,” he said.
Lumb will open alongside Shane Watson at the top of the order for the Sixers in their Champions League campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?