Pietersen ends ‘cricket exile’ by scoring 14 runs for ‘winners’ Delhi Daredevils against KKR
Johannesburg: Controversial England batsman Kevin Pietersen struck 14 runs off 18 balls, as he ended his ‘cricket exile’ by playing for Delhi Daredevils in a Champions League Twenty20 game.
Batting at no. 3 for the IPL (Indian Premier League) franchise in the T20 match at South Africa’s SuperSport Park, Pietersen managed just one four in his first appearance on the pitch, since being sidelined by England during a summer Test series against South Africa following a controversial ‘text messaging scandal’.
The South Africa-born batsman had allegedly criticized his England teammates, including highly respected skipper Andrew Strauss, in a few texts sent to the Proteas players, Sport 24 reports.
According to the report, though England and Wales Cricket Board chief executive David Collier had later alleged in an interview that Pietersen was provoked into texting the South Africans, but the claim was swiftly denied thereafter.
Pietersen is apparently keen to resume his international career and there has also been media speculation that he may be added to the England squad for a tour of India from November, the report said.
"Playing cricket for England is the pinnacle of any career and I want an opportunity to do that again as soon as possible," Pietersen had said after mending relations with the England team.
“I am entirely committed to completing the reintegration process. That will take place over the coming weeks and I then want to resume by England career in all formats, hopefully until the 2015 World Cup, as long as my body allows,” he had added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog