Bookie arrested for betting on CLT match
Panaji: A Rajasthan resident was arrested for betting on a Championship League T20 match between Rajasthan Royals and Perth Scorchers, police said Monday.
According to Superintendent of Police, North, Priyanka Kashyap, Lakhpatraj Jain, from Jodhpur town was arrested at a hotel near here and Rs.40,000 in cash, a laptop and diaries and other documents seized from his possession.
Jain was caught red-handed while accepting bets for the Rajasthan Royals and Perth Scorchers games late on Sunday, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’