Champions League T20 2013: Chennai Super Kings vs Hyderabad Sunrisers - Preview
Ranchi: Brimming with confidence after a perfect start to their campaign, star-studded Chennai Super Kings will start as favourites against Sunrisers Hyderabad in a Groub B match of the Champions League Twenty20, on Thursday.
Riding on its batting firepower, CSK successfully chased down a stiff target of 185 runs set by Titans with six wickets in hand to start their CLT20 campaign on a rousing note at JSCA International Stadium Complex.
And come tomorrow, the Chennai outfit would be hoping to carry on the winning momentum.
But it won`t be a cakewalk for local boy Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his men as in Sunrisers they face a side who too would be eager to carry on their good work.
Two-time IPL champions, CSK boast of a star-studded line up with the likes of India skipper Dhoni, Murali Vijay, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, Michael Hussey and Dwayne Bravo around whom the CSK batting will revolve.
Hussey, Raina and Bravo set up CSK`s run chase the other day with some scintillating strokeplay and the trio would be eyeing a repeat performance against the Sunrisers.
Having failed in the previous match, Dhoni is due for a big knock in front of his home crowd.
Another distinct feature about this Chennai unit is the presence of quality all-rounders in their ranks. Players like Ravindra Jadeja, Albie Morkel, Bravo and Raina are equally capable with both bat and ball and possess ability to change the complexion of the game at any point.
They also give their skipper a variety of options while bowling apart from saving runs through their fielding.
But CSK`s bowling attack would be a cause of concern for Dhoni ahead of tommorow`s game considering the fact that all his bowlers bled runs against Titans.
Dhoni would be looking for a much-improved performance from the likes of young Mohit Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jadeja and Bravo to restrict Sunrisers to a modest score.
On the other hand, having also made a winning start to their campaign qualifiers Sunrisers too would be high on confidence.
Chasing a challenging 160 for eight, Sunrisers rode on Thisara Perera`s unbeaten 57 to beat Trinidad and Tobago by six wickets in their first match of the main draw in Mohali yesterday.
Perera slammed four boundaries and as many sixes to score his runs off just 32 balls and seal a win for his side after the chase was set up by some useful contributions from the top-order.
Parthiv Patel, captain Shikhar Dhawan, J P Duminy, Darren Sammy and Hanuma Vihari all got out after getting starts and against CSK tomorrow, they would be hoping to convert their starts into big scores.
With South African speedster Dale Steyn, Ishant Sharma and leg-spinner Amit Mishra up its rank, the Sunrisers possess a very incisive bowling attack.
But Steyn and Mishra looked out of sorts against Trinidad and the duo would be desperate to prove their critics wrong with noteworthy performances tomorrow.
Ishant, Perera and Sammy, who picked up two wickets apeiece against Trinidad, would be looking to carry on their good work.
Chennai Super Kings: M S Dhoni (C & Wk), R Ashwin, S Badrinath, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Jason Holder, Michael Hussey, Imtiaz Ahmed, Ravindra Jadeja, Albie Morkel, Chris Morris, Suresh Raina, Wriddhiman Saha, Mohit Sharma, Murali Vijay.
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Shikhar Dhawan (C), Anand Rajan, Ashish Reddy, Jean-Paul Duminy, Amit Mishra, Parthiv Patel, Thisara Perera , Biplab Samantray, Darren Sammy, Ishant Sharma, Karan Sharma, Dale Steyn, Hanuma Vihari, Cameron White.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!