Champions League T20: Rain plays spoilsport at Motera
Motera: Both Group A Champions League Twenty20 matches Monday -- between Perth Scorchers and Lions and Mumbai Indians and Otago Volts -- were washed out due to heavy rain at the Sardar Patel Stadium here.
In the first match, Lions from South Africa elected to field but before any ball could be bowled, the match had to be called off due to persistent rain.
The rain continued to fall and eventually the second match between the Mumbai Indians and Otago had to be abandoned too.
Each of the four teams get two points each. This puts Mumbai Indians in a sticky situation with just two points from two matches having lost their opener to Rajasthan Royals Saturday.
Rajasthan top the group with four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...