Champions League T20: Rain plays spoilsport at Motera
Motera: Both Group A Champions League Twenty20 matches Monday -- between Perth Scorchers and Lions and Mumbai Indians and Otago Volts -- were washed out due to heavy rain at the Sardar Patel Stadium here.
In the first match, Lions from South Africa elected to field but before any ball could be bowled, the match had to be called off due to persistent rain.
The rain continued to fall and eventually the second match between the Mumbai Indians and Otago had to be abandoned too.
Each of the four teams get two points each. This puts Mumbai Indians in a sticky situation with just two points from two matches having lost their opener to Rajasthan Royals Saturday.
Rajasthan top the group with four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside