Champions League T20: Rain plays spoilsport at Motera
Motera: Both Group A Champions League Twenty20 matches Monday -- between Perth Scorchers and Lions and Mumbai Indians and Otago Volts -- were washed out due to heavy rain at the Sardar Patel Stadium here.
In the first match, Lions from South Africa elected to field but before any ball could be bowled, the match had to be called off due to persistent rain.
The rain continued to fall and eventually the second match between the Mumbai Indians and Otago had to be abandoned too.
Each of the four teams get two points each. This puts Mumbai Indians in a sticky situation with just two points from two matches having lost their opener to Rajasthan Royals Saturday.
Rajasthan top the group with four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?