Champions League T20: Rain plays spoilsport at Motera
Motera: Both Group A Champions League Twenty20 matches Monday -- between Perth Scorchers and Lions and Mumbai Indians and Otago Volts -- were washed out due to heavy rain at the Sardar Patel Stadium here.
In the first match, Lions from South Africa elected to field but before any ball could be bowled, the match had to be called off due to persistent rain.
The rain continued to fall and eventually the second match between the Mumbai Indians and Otago had to be abandoned too.
Each of the four teams get two points each. This puts Mumbai Indians in a sticky situation with just two points from two matches having lost their opener to Rajasthan Royals Saturday.
Rajasthan top the group with four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS