Champions League T20: Rain plays spoilsport at Motera
Motera: Both Group A Champions League Twenty20 matches Monday -- between Perth Scorchers and Lions and Mumbai Indians and Otago Volts -- were washed out due to heavy rain at the Sardar Patel Stadium here.
In the first match, Lions from South Africa elected to field but before any ball could be bowled, the match had to be called off due to persistent rain.
The rain continued to fall and eventually the second match between the Mumbai Indians and Otago had to be abandoned too.
Each of the four teams get two points each. This puts Mumbai Indians in a sticky situation with just two points from two matches having lost their opener to Rajasthan Royals Saturday.
Rajasthan top the group with four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley