Chennai Super Kings toughest team in group, declares T&T all-rounder Emrit
Ranchi: The Trinidad & Tobago all-rounder Rayad Emrit dubbed Chennai Super Kings as the toughest team in their group, but are confident to do well in the ensuing Championship League T20 where they will start their campaign against Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men.
"Obviously, Chennai (Super Kings) are playing at home. They are probably the toughest team in our group," Emrit said when asked which team he considered the toughest.
"But all the teams in this tournament are good teams, and as it`s a Champions League, all of them are champion teams around the world. It is going to be a tough tournament for us. We know that. We back ourselves to do well," he said, adding the T&T would play cricket as they used to play.
With the team`s experienced member Ravi Rampaul back after nursing an ankle injury and now match fit, Emrit said their world class spinners Sunil Narine and Samuel Badree would also have a great part as the team clashes Brisbane Heat here tomorrow.
"We have spinners Sunil Narine and Samuel Badree the two world class spinners in our team...So they will have a very big part in the match."
On the overcast conditions here, Emrit said the weather has affected a bit, but the team had a good practice today and before reaching here they had a decent preparation back home, "so it`s (practice) not bad."
Terming it as a big tournament for them, Emrit said at least six or seven players in their ranks have played in the IPL and were used to the conditions and would contribute their part.
Replying to a query on the wicket at the JSCA, he said there is a lot of grass on it, but the grounds man said,"It`s not going to mean like that"(hinting that it would not be a low scoring affair).
"It`s (wicket) something that we can used to back in Caribbean. I guess we feel at home," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'