CL T20 Qualifiers: In-form Dhawan guides Sunrisers Hyderabad to another victory
Zee Media Bureau
Sunrisers Hyderabad innings:
Over 131/3 || Score 17.3
Darren Sammy scored three consecutive boundaries as Hyderabad won the match in emphatic style. Sunrisers Hyderabad have won their successive match, this time by seven wickets! They might not be playing with the best of the teams at the moment, but Sunrisers Hyderabad are now looking a force to reckon with! And a lot of credit goes to their skipper Shikhar Dhawan who slammed his consecutive ton.
Jean Paul Duminy 20* (27b) Darren Sammy 14* (6b)
Over 15 || Score 112/3
Shikhar Dhawan’s entertaining innings came to an end when soon after reaching his half-century, one from Imran Khalid kept low and hit the stumps. Before being dismissed, Dhawan had scored 59 from 50 balls. Khalid struck off the last ball of the same over when Samantray was out lbw. These two blows have probably come a little too late for the Faisalabad Wolves. Hyderabad now need just 16 runs from the last five overs.
Over 10 || Score 72/1
While Dhawan is still going strong, Parthiv Patel was finally dismissed when he hit one straight to midwicket after scoring 23 runs. Hyderabad have added 31 runs in the last five overs.
Over 5 || Score 41/0
Shikhar Dhawan and Parthiv Patel have got their side to another terrific start in the tournament. While the Hyderabad skipper has played four boundaries so far, Patel too has slammed two and both of them now look all set for another huge opening stand.
Faisalabad Wolves innings:
Over 20 || Score 127/5
Misbah once again played a captain’s knock for his side and remained unbeaten on 56 runs at the end of the innings. Dale Steyn was the only bowlers who didn’t pick a wicket else the rest five bowlers used by Dhawan picked a wicket each. The Hyderabad batsmen chased a total of over 160 runs in the previous match with ease and thus this total should be another easy chase for them.
Over 15 || Score 92/3
The Hyderabad bowlers have bowled with a controlled line and length as a result of which the Faisalabad batsmen have found it difficult to score runs. Misbah is batting on 29 at the moment and it would be interesting to see his approach in the next five overs.
Over 10 || Score 55/2
Faisalabad managed to score just 18 runs in the last five overs and lost two wickets of Asif Ali and Ali Waqas. Misbah is batting on 3 and he once again has to play a good knock for his side. To give him some company, Ammar Mahmood is batting well on 28.
Over 5 || Score 34/0
The Faisalabad Wolves are off to a decent start as their openers - Ammar Mahmood and Ali Waqas have added an unbeaten 34 runs for the first wicket. Mahmood is the more aggressive of the two as he is batting on 22 at the moment.
Shikhar Dhawan-led Sunrisers Hyderabad would be high on confidence as they take on Faisalabad Wolves in their second match of the Champions League Twenty20 Qualifiers.
Dhawan led from front as he slammed a half-century as Sunrisers Hyderabad thrashed Kandurata Maroons by eight wickets in their opening match of the Champions League Twenty20 Qualifiers.
Dhawan (71) and Parthiv Patel (52) added 121 runs for the opening stand and they made the stiff target of 169 look easy. Faisalabad would want to register their first win of the tournament after their loss to Otago in the first match.
Faisalabad (From): Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Mohammad Salman(w), Asif Ali, Ali Waqas, Samiullah Khan, Asad Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Ehsan Adil, Hasan Mahmood, Jahandad Khan, Farrukh Shehzad, Imran Khalid, Ammar Mahmood, Khurram Shehzad, Waqas Maqsood
Hyderabad (From): Shikhar Dhawan(c), Parthiv Patel(w), Cameron White, Jean-Paul Duminy, Dale Steyn, Darren Sammy, Biplab Samantray, Thisara Perera, Karan Sharma, Hanuma Vihari, Ashish Reddy, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma, Anand Rajan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark