CL T20: Will it be Sachin Tendulkar’s last limited overs match?
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar is all set to play in the Champions League Twenty20 second semi-final between Mumbai Indians and Trinidad & Tobago tonight.
Sachin is not in the best of his form, as he hasn’t really performed while opening the innings for the Mumbai Indians. In the last three innings, while playing for the franchise, he scored 15, 5 and 0 respectively.
But one can expect a good knock form the ‘Little Master’ tonight, while playing against T&T. His presence in the team is enough to encourage the entire Mumbai squad, who booked their birth in the semis in a dramatic fashion by chasing a total of 150 runs in just 13.2 overs against Perth Scorchers.
But if Mumbai Indians fail to reach the finals tonight, then it would be the last limited international match for one of the best batsmen India has ever produced.
Tendulkar, who retired long back from ODI and T20 formats, was featuring in IPL matches for his Mumbai Indians franchise. Though after playing the last edition of IPL, won by his own team, Tendulkar announced his retirement from this league as well, but somehow agreed to play in the CL T20.
However, if T&T manage to beat MI, then it would be Tendulkar’s last limited over game. So the eyes would be on him, as everyone is expecting him to play a match-winning knock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers