CL Twenty20: Neil Broom's brutal ton takes Otago Volts to highest total ever
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Neil Broom slammed a brutal ton against Perth Scorchers in the eighth match of Champions League Twenty 20 as Otago Volts posted the highest total ever in the tournament history - 242 runs.
Broom remained unbeaten on 117 from just 56 balls and also added 128 runs with Ryan ten Doeschate (66 from 26) for the fourth wicket. Otago surpassed the previous record of 215 runs scored by Royal Challengers Bangalore against South Australia in 2011.
Asked to bat first, Otago got off to a disastrous start as Joel Paris dismissed Hamish Rutherford (2) and Brendon McCullum (0) off consecutive balls in the third over.
But since then, it rained boundaries and sixes at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, in Jaipur as the Otago batsmen sent the fielders on a leather hunt. Broom’s inning was also the third-highest individual score in Champions League history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report