CL Twenty20: Neil Broom's brutal ton takes Otago Volts to highest total ever
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Neil Broom slammed a brutal ton against Perth Scorchers in the eighth match of Champions League Twenty 20 as Otago Volts posted the highest total ever in the tournament history - 242 runs.
Broom remained unbeaten on 117 from just 56 balls and also added 128 runs with Ryan ten Doeschate (66 from 26) for the fourth wicket. Otago surpassed the previous record of 215 runs scored by Royal Challengers Bangalore against South Australia in 2011.
Asked to bat first, Otago got off to a disastrous start as Joel Paris dismissed Hamish Rutherford (2) and Brendon McCullum (0) off consecutive balls in the third over.
But since then, it rained boundaries and sixes at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, in Jaipur as the Otago batsmen sent the fielders on a leather hunt. Broom’s inning was also the third-highest individual score in Champions League history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked