CL Twenty20: Neil Broom's brutal ton takes Otago Volts to highest total ever
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Neil Broom slammed a brutal ton against Perth Scorchers in the eighth match of Champions League Twenty 20 as Otago Volts posted the highest total ever in the tournament history - 242 runs.
Broom remained unbeaten on 117 from just 56 balls and also added 128 runs with Ryan ten Doeschate (66 from 26) for the fourth wicket. Otago surpassed the previous record of 215 runs scored by Royal Challengers Bangalore against South Australia in 2011.
Asked to bat first, Otago got off to a disastrous start as Joel Paris dismissed Hamish Rutherford (2) and Brendon McCullum (0) off consecutive balls in the third over.
But since then, it rained boundaries and sixes at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, in Jaipur as the Otago batsmen sent the fielders on a leather hunt. Broom’s inning was also the third-highest individual score in Champions League history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach