CL Twenty20: Neil Broom's brutal ton takes Otago Volts to highest total ever
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Neil Broom slammed a brutal ton against Perth Scorchers in the eighth match of Champions League Twenty 20 as Otago Volts posted the highest total ever in the tournament history - 242 runs.
Broom remained unbeaten on 117 from just 56 balls and also added 128 runs with Ryan ten Doeschate (66 from 26) for the fourth wicket. Otago surpassed the previous record of 215 runs scored by Royal Challengers Bangalore against South Australia in 2011.
Asked to bat first, Otago got off to a disastrous start as Joel Paris dismissed Hamish Rutherford (2) and Brendon McCullum (0) off consecutive balls in the third over.
But since then, it rained boundaries and sixes at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, in Jaipur as the Otago batsmen sent the fielders on a leather hunt. Broom’s inning was also the third-highest individual score in Champions League history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH