CLT20 2013: Can Mumbai Indians combat Sunil Narine's spin in second semi-final?
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: Trinidad and Tobago coach David Williams call him his trump card. Rightly so. His bowling figure of 4/9 is the best so far in the Champions League CLT20 2013. The man, Sunil Narine, is a match-winner and will be seen in action today at the Ferozshah Kotla ground in Delhi against defending champions Mumbai Indians.
A master of T20 format, be it in the IPL for Kolkata Knight Riders or for his home team Trinidad and Tobago, Sunil Narine never fails to impress. Narine finished IPL 2012 as the ‘Player of the Tournament’ with 24 wickets at a 5.47 runs per over and was a major reason for KKR’s IPL triumph.
With the impending semi-final, the right-arm spinner is one of the key players for Trinidad and Tobago. He has a bag full of tricks up his sleeves which can trouble the best of the batsmen in the world. The mystery of his spin bowling is yet to be deciphered.
Scoring runs is not easy in Narine’s over. Most of the batsmen try not to give him their wickets and play him carefully. Narine`s four overs always play crucial role in his team`s success and puts a lot of pressure on the batting side.
After thrashing the Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings by eight wickets in their last group game, T&T will be all set to take on Mumbai in the second semi-final and it remains to be seen whether Narine can turn the fortunes of his this time as well or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday