CLT20 2013: Titans face Caribbean test on Monday
Ahmedabad: With the race for the lone available semi-final spot from Group B intensifying, Trinidad and Tobago will face a fired up opponent in the Titans in their Champions League Twenty20 match here on Monday.
Titans are placed second on the points table with two wins from three matches (eight points) while T&T are stuck in mid-table traffic after suffering an unlikely defeat at the hands of Thisara Perera and Sunrisers Hyderabad on September 24 in Mohali.
Another win for Titans will ensure their safe passage to the semi-finals with a game to play against 2013 IPL finalists Chennai Super Kings in Delhi on October 2. A T&T victory, on the other hand, will open up the group.
In their previous game against Sunrisers, Titans skipper Henry Davids and Jacques Rudolph put on a century stand to lead their side to a crushing eight-wicket win in Ranchi.
The South African side romped over Sunrisers` total of 145 in just 16.3 overs with two wickets down to give a major boost to their run rate.
T&T will have to recover quickly from their defeat against Sunrisers if they are to fancy their chances of qualifying for the semifinals, provided they win their next two games by a good margin.
They can take heart from their comfortable 25-run victory against Brisbane Heat in their first game.
For T&T, their bowling is their strength, led by pacer Ravi Rampaul and mystery spinner Sunil Narine, who have shared 10 wickets between them.
Rampaul was terrific with his four-wicket haul in the game against Brisbane Heat while Narine was at his deceptive best with his four-for against Sunrisers albeit for a losing cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack