CLT20, 2nd semi-final: Mumbai Indians vs Trinidad and Tobago; a contest among equals
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Before the second semi-finals of Champions League Twenty20, both the teams -- Mumbai Indians and Trinidad and Tobago -- would be high on confidence.
Where on one end, Mumbai Indians beat Australian team Perth Scorchers to book the semi-final berth, on the other, T&T defeated Dhoni led Chennai Super Kings quite comprehensively to reach the semis.
Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians managed the spot in the semis after performing exceptionally well against Perth Scorchers. To secure their spot in the semis MI were required to chase the target in 14.2 overs, and they achieved their target in 13.2. Skipper Rohit Sharma and Dwayne Smith played crucial knocks to make sure that their team enters the semis.
T&T beat one of the best teams of this Champions League 2013 – Chennai Super Kings – quite comprehensively to make a cut into the next stage. First they summed up the CSK innings at a small total of 118 runs and then chased it quite comfortably in 17.4 overs.
When it comes to their strength, MI looks strong in their batting whereas T&T has a strong bowling line-up. If MI have a depth in their batting, as they have Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Dwayne Smith and Dinesh Karthik then T&T have bowlers like Sunil Narine and Ravi Rampaul, who can change the course of the game single-handedly. So it would be a contest between two equally poised teams, but MI must have a slight upper hand in today’s match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit