CLT20, 2nd semi-final: Mumbai Indians vs Trinidad and Tobago; a contest among equals
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Before the second semi-finals of Champions League Twenty20, both the teams -- Mumbai Indians and Trinidad and Tobago -- would be high on confidence.
Where on one end, Mumbai Indians beat Australian team Perth Scorchers to book the semi-final berth, on the other, T&T defeated Dhoni led Chennai Super Kings quite comprehensively to reach the semis.
Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians managed the spot in the semis after performing exceptionally well against Perth Scorchers. To secure their spot in the semis MI were required to chase the target in 14.2 overs, and they achieved their target in 13.2. Skipper Rohit Sharma and Dwayne Smith played crucial knocks to make sure that their team enters the semis.
T&T beat one of the best teams of this Champions League 2013 – Chennai Super Kings – quite comprehensively to make a cut into the next stage. First they summed up the CSK innings at a small total of 118 runs and then chased it quite comfortably in 17.4 overs.
When it comes to their strength, MI looks strong in their batting whereas T&T has a strong bowling line-up. If MI have a depth in their batting, as they have Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Dwayne Smith and Dinesh Karthik then T&T have bowlers like Sunil Narine and Ravi Rampaul, who can change the course of the game single-handedly. So it would be a contest between two equally poised teams, but MI must have a slight upper hand in today’s match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!