CLT20, 2nd semi-final: Mumbai Indians vs Trinidad and Tobago; a contest among equals
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Before the second semi-finals of Champions League Twenty20, both the teams -- Mumbai Indians and Trinidad and Tobago -- would be high on confidence.
Where on one end, Mumbai Indians beat Australian team Perth Scorchers to book the semi-final berth, on the other, T&T defeated Dhoni led Chennai Super Kings quite comprehensively to reach the semis.
Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians managed the spot in the semis after performing exceptionally well against Perth Scorchers. To secure their spot in the semis MI were required to chase the target in 14.2 overs, and they achieved their target in 13.2. Skipper Rohit Sharma and Dwayne Smith played crucial knocks to make sure that their team enters the semis.
T&T beat one of the best teams of this Champions League 2013 – Chennai Super Kings – quite comprehensively to make a cut into the next stage. First they summed up the CSK innings at a small total of 118 runs and then chased it quite comfortably in 17.4 overs.
When it comes to their strength, MI looks strong in their batting whereas T&T has a strong bowling line-up. If MI have a depth in their batting, as they have Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Dwayne Smith and Dinesh Karthik then T&T have bowlers like Sunil Narine and Ravi Rampaul, who can change the course of the game single-handedly. So it would be a contest between two equally poised teams, but MI must have a slight upper hand in today’s match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today