CLT20: Clash of titans – Rahul Dravid vs Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: Two of the most legendary Indian cricketers will battle out for the Champions League 2013 title today. The CLT20 final between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals is being considered more of a Sachin Tendulkar vs Rahul Dravid encounter, and why not? Dravid is playing his last match as a professional and will lead Rajasthan Royals while Sachin Tendulkar is playing his last T20 match.
The emotional quotient is high as it is likely that these two greats will be seen together on the field again. The Wall has been considered as one of the greatest batsmen of all times while the achievements of the Little Master are hidden from none.
If we look at the teams, in 2013 Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals played each other four times wining two matches each. Overall, they have met on 14 occasions. The Mumbai Indians have an edge over their opponents with a 7-6 record while one ended in no result. Both the teams won all their home matches in IPL VI.
But in the CLT20 2013, Mumbai Indians are likely to have an edge over Rajasthan, who have played all the matches at their home ground in Jaipur, while Mumbai have already played two matches in Kotla where the final is scheduled to take place.
For Mumbai Indians, recovery would be a key factor. The rested Rajasthan Royals will be all ready to take on the Sharma-led side, who played their semi-finals just a day ago.
Rajasthan will miss the presence of Brad Hodge in the final, though they have Ajinkya Rahane who has been in good form scoring 223 runs in five games. Pravin Tambe has proven to be a huge asset for the Royals. Mumbai Indians have a good batting line-up with big hitters Dwayne Smith, Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard and of course Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin’s knock of 35 runs in the semi-final has put away the discussions surrounding his form, at least for now.
The clash of titans – as the match is touted to be - will be a delight for the fans and enriching for the game of cricket. The match will be remembered for Rahul Dravid and for Sachin Tendulkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars