CLT20, final: Farewell...Rahul Dravid
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: Rahul Dravid will don the Rajasthan Royals outfit for one last time today. The CLT20 final between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals will be his last outing as a professional cricketer.
The fans would want him to end his career by lifting the Champions League trophy. Under the captain par excellence, the IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals defeated Dhoni led Chennai Super Kings by 14 runs to secure a spot in today’s final. The Royals have also been invincible at home as they have won all their last 13 matches here.
Over the last three years, as the captain of the Rajasthan Royals, Dravid has been a mentor for the team. He has empowered his players and believed in them. If Ajinkya Rahane became his most reliable run getter, his belief in 41-year old Tambe brought put incredible results.
Dravid also guided the Royals through the devastating match-fixing scandal. He could have easily opted to be out of the scandal but he chose not to keep mum over the issue.
A true gentleman of the game, Rahul Dravid now seeks a perfect end to his inspirational career as a professional by lifting the trophy for his team- one last time.
# Dravid is the third-highest run scorer in Test cricket, after Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting
#Only the second Indian cricketer, after Tendulkar to score 10,000 runs both in Tests and in ODIs.
#Wisden ranked him the third greatest Test batsman of all time, after Don Bradman and Tendulkar.
#In April 2009, he became the only player to score a century in all the ten Test-playing countries.
#He holds the record for the most number of catches taken by a player (non-wicket-keeper) in Test cricket, with 210
#In August 2011, Dravid declared his retirement from ODIs as well as Twenty20 International (T20I), and in March 2012, he announced his retirement from international and first-class cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan