CLT20, final: Its Tendulkar vs Dravid tonight
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals are all set to play in the finals of the Champions League Twenty20 tonight, at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in Delhi.
For Rajasathan franchise, their skipper, Rahul Dravid, is appearing in his last international match as he has retired from all the other formats of the game. On the other hand, Mumbai Indians have Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar in their team, who will be playing his last limited overs game on Sunday. So, both the teams will try to give their respective seniors a last tribute in the form of CLT20 trophy, by winning the final.
Both the players – Dravid and Tendulkar -- have earned immense respect from all over the world not only for their on-field skills but for their admirable behavior off it as well.
Dravid hasn’t performed well so far in this tournament as he has managed to score just 47 runs in last five innings. Though on the other hand, Sachin who was also failed to impress in this edition of the CLT20, played an impressive knock of 35 runs, while opening the innings, in the semi-final against Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday, to provide his team a solid start.
Though, despite his poor form, MI can’t take Dravid lightly, as he has proved his mettle while playing for RR many times in the past. Rajasthan will be hoping for a captain’s knock from Dravid, when he will come to open the innings for his team in the finals and the same is expected from Tendulkar as well.
Presence of these two players is more than enough for their respective teams to get inspired. So in the finals, all the eyes would be on these two batting maestros, who would be appearing in their last limited over games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official