CLT20, final: Its Tendulkar vs Dravid tonight
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals are all set to play in the finals of the Champions League Twenty20 tonight, at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in Delhi.
For Rajasathan franchise, their skipper, Rahul Dravid, is appearing in his last international match as he has retired from all the other formats of the game. On the other hand, Mumbai Indians have Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar in their team, who will be playing his last limited overs game on Sunday. So, both the teams will try to give their respective seniors a last tribute in the form of CLT20 trophy, by winning the final.
Both the players – Dravid and Tendulkar -- have earned immense respect from all over the world not only for their on-field skills but for their admirable behavior off it as well.
Dravid hasn’t performed well so far in this tournament as he has managed to score just 47 runs in last five innings. Though on the other hand, Sachin who was also failed to impress in this edition of the CLT20, played an impressive knock of 35 runs, while opening the innings, in the semi-final against Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday, to provide his team a solid start.
Though, despite his poor form, MI can’t take Dravid lightly, as he has proved his mettle while playing for RR many times in the past. Rajasthan will be hoping for a captain’s knock from Dravid, when he will come to open the innings for his team in the finals and the same is expected from Tendulkar as well.
Presence of these two players is more than enough for their respective teams to get inspired. So in the finals, all the eyes would be on these two batting maestros, who would be appearing in their last limited over games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers