CLT20: It`s a do-or-die battle for Sunrisers Hyderabad against Brisbane Heat
Ahmedabad: Sunrisers Hyderabad will clash against Brisbane Heat in a make-or-break Champions League Twenty20 match here on Monday, the outcome of which will decide if the Shikhar Dhawan-led Indian outfit can still be in race for a semifinal spot.
Sunrisers would have to win this match by a huge margin if they are to stand any chance of qualifying for the last-four stage, provided Trinidad and Tobago win against Titans and then lose to Chennai Super Kings in their last group match.
Brisbane Heat, on the other hand, are already out of contention with not a single win from three matches. No combination of results will help Brisbane Heats make the semis, who would look to spoil Sunrisers` party and end their miserable campaign with a consolation win.
With one win and two defeats, Sunrisers are also staring down the barrel with only four points from three matches and a net run-rate of -0.622.
They started their campaign after qualifying for the main draw of the Champions League with a spirited performance against Trinidad and Tobago in their tournament-opener before losing the plot against Chennai Super Kings and Titans.
Sunrisers suffered a crushing eight-wicket defeat against the South African side Titans in Ranchi on Saturday.
Sunrisers` bowling department, which was known to be one of their biggest strengths, has let them down heavily with the likes of Dale Steyn, Ishant Sharma and leg-spinner Amit Mishra failing to fire in unison.
Mishra has only been able to pick up one wicket so far while the pacers have leaked runs with the only exception of Steyn. Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera went for 60 runs in his three overs against CSK.
The bowlers would be keen to make quick amends ahead of the important tie.
The Sunrisers undoubtedly would rely on their explosive skipper Shikhar Dhawan, besides opener Parthiv Patel to provide them a solid platform as had been the case against CSK and Titans.
Middle-order batsman Darren Sammy, who top-scored with 25-ball 50 against CSK but failed to fire against Titans, will be another key player while the team would expect J P Duminy and Thisara Perera to rise to the occasion.
Talking about winless laggards Brisbane Heats of Australia, they have nothing to lose and only their pride to play for with three defeats in as many matches.
The depleted Australian outfit, which failed miserably with the bat in the games against Trinidad & Tobago, Titans and CSK, will be expecting its batsmen to show more responsibility.
They lost to CSK by eight wickets last night as the IPL finalists chased down a modest target of 138 runs with complete ease.
Brisbane would hope that captain James Hopes, who has plenty of international experience having also captained IPL side Delhi Daredevils, gives them a solid start along with Burns.
Besides, all-rounder Dan Christian will also have to carry the batting burden. Chris Lynn, the big-hitting middle-order batsman, is another player who can make an impact.
The bowling unit has done well so far but have found little or no support from the team`s batsmen.
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Shikhar Dhawan (capt), Anand Rajan, Ashish Reddy, Jean-Paul Duminy, Amit Mishra, Parthiv Patel, Thisara Perera , Biplab Samantray, Darren Sammy, Ishant Sharma, Karan Sharma, Dale Steyn, Hanuma Vihari, Cameron White.
Brisbane Heat: James Hopes (capt), Daniel Christian, Peter Forrest, Cameron Gannon, Nathan Hauritz, Chris Lynn, Dom Michael, Chris Sabburg, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Mathew Gale, Chris Hartley, Alex Kepm, Alister Mcdermott, Kemar Roach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'