CLT20: Jaipur to host Mumbai-Lions match
Jaipur: The downpour in Gujarat has forced the BCCI to shift the Champions League Twenty20 Group A match between Mumbai Indians and the Highveld Lions from Ahmedabad to Jaipur.
Rajasthan Cricket Association Treasurer Mahendra Sharma told reporters that the BCCI has asked RCA whether it would be able to host the match on such a short notice.
"The RCA President C P Joshi and officiating secretary K K Sharma were in Chennai for the BCCI meeting. The BCCI officials asked if Jaipur was in position to hold the Mumbai-Lions group `A` match of the Champions league. We showed our interest and then the match was granted to us," said Sharma.
"Two more matches are slated in Ahmedabad on September 30 but we don`t know about their
fate yet. But we are happy that Jaipur fans would have another glimpse of great Sachin Tendulkar playing here," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!