CLT20: Jaipur to host Mumbai-Lions match
Jaipur: The downpour in Gujarat has forced the BCCI to shift the Champions League Twenty20 Group A match between Mumbai Indians and the Highveld Lions from Ahmedabad to Jaipur.
Rajasthan Cricket Association Treasurer Mahendra Sharma told reporters that the BCCI has asked RCA whether it would be able to host the match on such a short notice.
"The RCA President C P Joshi and officiating secretary K K Sharma were in Chennai for the BCCI meeting. The BCCI officials asked if Jaipur was in position to hold the Mumbai-Lions group `A` match of the Champions league. We showed our interest and then the match was granted to us," said Sharma.
"Two more matches are slated in Ahmedabad on September 30 but we don`t know about their
fate yet. But we are happy that Jaipur fans would have another glimpse of great Sachin Tendulkar playing here," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth