Dhawan`s work ethics and desire to improve impresses Moody
Mohali: Sunrisers Hyderabad coach Tom Moody has said that it is a pleasure working with players such as Shikhar Dhawan, who have a strong desire to improve their skills and evolve as a cricketer.
27-year-old Dhawan scored his second consecutive half-century to lead Hyderabad to the main round of Champions League T20 as they beat Faisalabad Wolves, last night.
"He has done a good job, he is going to blossom every single game he plays, his leadership today was excellent. The positive thing about Shikhar is that whether he is captaining or batting, he constantly wants to improve," Moody said at the post-match press conference here.
"He is always asking questions, he is always wanting to develop his game. So, from a coaching point of view, it is pleasure to work with people who have an open mind and are prepared to grow, as people," Moody said at the post-match press conference here," the burly Australian added.
With back-to-back victories, Hyderabad have joined New Zealand`s Otago Volts in the main draw while Wolves from Pakistan and Kandurata Maroons from Sri Lanka have been eliminated.
Further praising Dhawan, Moody said "his maturity and work ethics have sort of come in line. He is very clear on what he wants to achieve, he is an extremely hard worker, he is very thorough in his preparation and when you have someone who has those sort of professional standards along with a lot of natural ability, they are destined to perform consistently at higher level."
Moody also felt Dhawan was lucky get an opportunity to show what he is capable of.
"It`s opportunity as well, there is a lot of good players out there in the world, who do the right thing and work hard, but don`t get opportunity. When he got his opportunity here in Mohali, he took it with both hands and hasn`t looked back."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan