Dhoni is a great leader, says Ramdin
Ranchi: Trinidad & Tobago skipper Denesh Ramdin is in awe of Mahendra Singh Dhoni and called the Indian captain a "great leader".
"He is one of the great leaders in terms of captain, batsman and keeper... A very difficult job," Ramdin, himself a wicketkeeper-captain of his team, said here on Wednesday.
"He has won the World Cup, Champions League and IPL. He is a great leader," Ramdin, whose team is here to play in the Champions League T20, said.
He said it is a big tournament for players like Ravi Rampaul, Darren Bravo and himself.
"We have come here and (will) give out a good show," he said, agreeing that the CLT20 meet would help them ahead of the West Indies tour of India.
On his team`s chances in the tournament, he said they have a good squad comprising spinners, seam bowlers and a good opening batting pair.
Ramdin was optimistic that the glorious era of the West Indies cricket would return, and that playing with big teams like India and South Africa would help.
"Now we are number five in Test cricket. It will take some time, but it will (happen)," he said.
Expressing happiness at the way things have gone so far for his team, coach David William said the players did extremely well and were looking forward to this tournament.
On what would be an ideal score on a newly-laid pitch here, Williams said, "We are going there and only when we look at the pitch we can know what might be there, and we will be taking a decision thereafter."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference