Fitting T20 farewell for Sachin Tendulkar
New Delhi: It was a perfect farewell for batting great Sachin Tendulkar, playing in his last Twenty20 match, as the Mumbai Indians won the Champions League Twenty20 title defeating the Rajasthan Royals in the final at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Sunday.
The Mumbai team made it a double by having also won the Indian Premier League (IPL) earlier this year, only the second team after Chennai Super Kings (2010) having done so. The Indians also became the first team to clinch two CLT20 titles, the first one coming in 2011.
After the win, Tendulkar was seen being carried to the dugout by his team, waving the Mumbai Indians flag.
He was also given the guard of honour twice during the match. Once when he got out and walked back to the pavillion and when the team came out to field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt