Harbhajan Singh, Dwayne Smith win individual CLT20 awards
New Delhi: Mumbai Indians` Dwayne Smith and Harbhajan Singh won the man of the series and man of the match awards, respectively, after winning the Champions League Twenty20 title at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Sunday.
With scores of 9, 63 not out, 48, 59 and 44, the in-form Smith bagged the man of the series award.
Harbhajan, on the other hand, clinched the man of the match award for his match winning performance in the final. The offie clinched three wickets in the 17th over to turn the match in their favour and ended with figures of 4/32 from four overs.
"Great feeling winning two cups in one year. It was a little easier to score with the new ball. The ball was getting a bit wet. That over I took three wickets was probably the best I`ve bowled the last three months. I didn`t practice much before this series, I was travelling to the US," said Harbhajan after receiving the award.
Rajasthan Royals` Ajinkya Rahane won the Golden Bat for scoring the most runs in the tournament (288) while 41-year-old off spinner Pravin Tambe, also of Royals, bagged the Golden Wicket for scalping the most wickets, 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!